Piney Grove Baptist Church of Cowpens, SC
Dear Piney Grove Family:
Many of us have been following the news about COVID-19, commonly known as Coronavirus. As Christians our first response should always be prayer. I ask that you join me in praying for those who have contracted the virus and those who are caregivers to these individuals. It is also important to keep in mind what the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the South Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (SCDHHS) have stated: “The overall immediate threat to the public remains low.” The best place to get clear, up-to-date information is the CDC website. For general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is available for calls at 1-855-472-3432. Staff are answering calls from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. seven days a week.
My purpose in writing you is to provide some practical and pastoral information. In our efforts to be caution concerning your wellbeing, you will notice these immediate changes at Piney Grove:
• Worship Service and all evening activities will be suspended. We will continue to closely monitor the news, CDC and all other informational site for updates.
• The Holy Communion will be suspended. The full, sacramental grace of our Lord Jesus Christ is fully present in either the Bread or the Wine. I ask that you continue to take communion at home with your family. Communion will still be observed on First Sunday with a prayer of blessings from the ministerial staff and alone with myself . This will be observed by the crossing of your arms over your chest. We encourage you to do what is most comfortable for you and your family.
• You will notice, and we encourage you to utilize, hand-sanitizing stations in restrooms and around the church. In addition to handwashing and alcohol-based sanitizer, we ask that you use them before and after worship services.
• If you are sick or exhibit any symptoms related to the flu, any communicable disease, or have traveled out of the county please do not come to church or any church functions. Self -Quarantine and stay home when you are sick. You may access our 10:00 am live-streamed worship service on the Website or on Facebook.
• Please keep in mind the best way to prevent the spread of any communicable disease is to frequently wash hands, avoid going out if you are symptomatic, and to use common sense.
• Visitations to the sick will be based on emergency cases only. If you are ill or shut-in for any extended period, please let us know. The staff will be making phone calls to check on the sick and elderly
• Nursing Home Visitations will also be suspended. By mandate of SC State and Federal Government.
• The impact of the novel Coronavirus is ripping through U.S and global economies. Unfortunately, it also will affect our churches. We have set up a CASH APP account, directions are on the church website to allow you to continue to support “The Grove” with your tithes and offering. The website address is WWW.pbcgrove.org and the CASH APP account is $PGMBCofCowpens. If you are sick or chose not to attend morning worship, please go to the church website and give. You may also mail your tithes and offering to the church. PO Box 249, Cowpens, SC 29330. We asked that you send check or money order and not cash. You will be amazingly blessed!
We are navigating these challenging times with you!
Finally, because the risk to the public is growing at this time, Piney Grove will continue the practice of offering daily prayer and praise in the midst of these circumstances: “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers” (Acts 2:42).
The Administrative Staff
© 2020 Piney Grove Missionary Baptist Church, Cowpens, South Carolina